Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dear Breasts,

As you already know, We will be having surgery in just a little more than a day to remove the threat you've become to my life.  I am excited and scared and sad all at the same time.  I've been thinking about you alot lately, and focusing on you more than usual.  I've been looking at you more, and paying extra attention to the way you feel now, because I know I will likely never feel you this away again.

We've been together through a lot and shared many intimate moments in my life. Remember how we were teased by boys in 7th grade?  I later found fancy bras and lingerie to adorn you with.  You made me feel sexy.  We shared the most sensual moments for sure.  You gave me the means to feed my babies, which was precious, and provided comfort to them as I held them close when they'd cry.  I'll never forget those things.

I want you to know that this hasn't been an easy decision. I've felt much grief and spent many hours awake late at night tossing and turning about the choices I had to make.  What it really comes down to is that I know that one day if I don't this, you will kill me.  I can't let you do that.  I can't sit back and wait for you to bring us both down.  So this is what I need to do.  I hope you understand.

Goodbye for now, until we meet again.

With Love,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Well that was beautiful. And a beautiful picture too. :)

    Great quote from CS Lewis - "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." Bodies perish eventually but the soul lasts forever. It's not what you look like - that puts others in charge of how we feel or think about ourselves. It's who we are inside that ultimately matters.

    I have been praying for you and will continue to do so - praying that is is well with your soul.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete